Monday, February 14, 2011

waiting and waiting and chicken 'n dumplins

Great news!  I'm all done with my clinical hours!  I finished up at Lake Area Pediatrics on Thursday, so no more clinic!  I had a great time there, and if you're looking for a pediatrician in the Conroe/Montgomery area, Dr. Robinson is amazing.  But man, oh man, am I glad to be finished! 

Now I have just a few weeks to make last minute preparations for little man.  Although, he could come at any minute and I wouldn't be too disappointed! 

We had a nice low-key weekend.  I rested a LOT, Adam worked on a few projects around the house, and last night we made chicken 'n dumplins together for the first time, because I was craving a nice warm bowl.  :)

Growing up, my dad despised chicken 'n dumplins.  He used to say that there was nothing right about "boiled biscuit dough."  Well, I got confused and have been living the past few years thinking that Adam despised chicken 'n dumplins.  I started thinking about this yesterday sometime and finally just came out and asked, do you like chicken 'n dumplins?  He got this big grin and told me it was one of his favorites because his mom used to make it growing up! 

Adam never makes me feel like I have to live up to his mother - not in anything.  But after mentioning the chicken 'n dumplins thing, he insisted that we call his mom to get her recipe, because it was just that good!  Ha! 

So we did - and we made a pretty good dinner.  Then we put our feet up and watched the Grammy's!

I'm savoring every slow, quiet evening that we have right now, knowing that life is going to change very soon!  I love our little life and our little family, but I'm so excited about meeting this baby that sometimes it feels as though time is just standing still!

Adam took a few pics of me on Saturday in the nursery.  We are using an old rocking chair from his parents' house.  It was used when they bought it, over 30 years ago.  Adam and all of his sisters were rocked to sleep in it and I'm so excited to have it for our little man.  It has a little squeak with every rock, and it sort of tilts to one side, too.  But it adds so much character to his space and I absolutely love it!



Almost 37 weeks!  Let the countdown begin!

1 comment:

  1. Jen you look so great! Fabulous! I know you guys are getting excited. It won't be long.

    ReplyDelete