Monday, May 9, 2011

my first mother's day!

What a sweet celebration!  We had dinner with Adam's mom on Saturday night and lunch with my mom on Sunday afternoon.

Where would I be without my amazing mother?  Her strength, grace, and selflessness are truly an inspiration to me.


And just in time ... our friend Laura came for a visit from Pittsburgh last week. 
She was a second mom to me growing up, and I cherish her wisdom and friendship to this day.

In other news, I got a Vitamix from my amazing husband for my first mother's day!
I've already made breakfast shakes, milkshakes, frappes, carrot juice, and broccoli cheese soup!

We didn't get an actual mother's day picture.
Mostly because Luke cried from two o'clock until eight o'clock with very few breaks. Whew!
Out of frustration and exhaustion and fear that there was something wrong with my little man, I cried right along with him.  Just not a great photo op.

But today, he's been an angel. 

 
By the way ... we're both losing our hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment