Wednesday, December 28, 2011

christmas 2011

I remember thinking last year that this year would be so different.
I was right.  Maybe not in the way that I had imagined.  But I was right.

We had an absolutely beautiful Christmas.

(It wasn't necessarily captured in beautiful photographs ... but snapshots that might help me remember little man's very first holiday season!)









And here are the details - just so I remember!  

As tradition would have it, we spent Christmas Eve with Pops and Marley. 
Only this year was fajitas around our kitchen table, not a fancy steakhouse.  :)
But it was delicious and special and wonderful just the same.
Luke opened a few gifts played with some tissue paper and then headed to bed in his Christmas PJs.

On Christmas morning, Adam and I got up early to have a few minutes of quiet before the chaos. 
This, too, is a bit of a tradition.  And one of my favorite moments of the entire year.

When little man got up, he played with some new toys and some wrapping paper.
I don't think he knew it was a special day.  But he was spoiled and loved just the same! 

And in the late morning, Honey and Cramer came to celebrate. 
Adam made a turkey and we had traditional fixins.  Delicious! 
Little man played and played and played!

We spent the 26th with Adam's family this year at the Martin's.
All his sisters and all the kiddos were in town and it was gloriously loud and fun and crazy.
Paw-Paw made a yummy meal.  We all ate around big tables, and the kids told stories of Santa.

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 
Isaiah 9:6.   

No comments:

Post a Comment