Friday, February 17, 2012

luke's first haircut

I would say that getting little man's hair cut was a bit overdue.


I mean, I know that shaggy is cool, but this is leaning more towards mullet, and we needed some control.   We thought it would be special to celebrate Luke's first birthday with a haircut and pizza. 


I had to work on his actual birthday so tonight we made our way to the local barber where Adam gets his hair cut, which just so happens to be within walking distance of our favorite pizza shop.



Our grand plan was to bribe him with suckers.  Because, ya know, every kid will sit still for a sucker. Unless, he's opinionated and funny and decides that he doesn't like high fructose corn syrup that's dyed orange and spun around a stick and artificially flavored peach. 


Or raspberry.



Or blueberry.  I never thought I would want my kid to like suckers.  But just while the sweet lady had those sharp scissors in her hands, right there at the base of his neck, and his ear, and near his eye, I needed him to like suckers.  He didn't.


But he sat pretty still anyway, and daddy ate the suckers instead.

1 comment: