Friday, January 17, 2014

it's january!

Major blogging fail.  I'm so behind.  But to think about going back and documenting every major event between November and now feels overwhelming.  So a brief recap, then we're starting anew.

We moved into our house mid-December and got just enough unpacked and just enough settled in to enjoy every single moment of Christmas and New Year's.  We had a lovely holiday with lots of time as a family and lots of time with our families and that was the best part about it.

The second best part was the magic of Christmas through the eyes of an almost-three-year-old.
He was so much fun this year.  I'm so disappointed I didn't capture more of this  magic in photos, but I just didn't.  I was too busy living in the moment (right where I should be!) and loving each moment that I really didn't take blog-worthy photos.  But.  It was awesome.

These days, we're still getting settled in and we are loving our new house.  There is still much to be done but we're getting to do it together and we love that.


We celebrated my 30th birthday last week (wow!) with two girl's nights (what!?), a date night, a sushi night, a kid-free lunch, and a family night.  It was the party that never ended.  And it was so fun.


Happy birthday to me!  I'm actually super excited about being thirty and really looking forward to this next decade of my life.  I mean, seriously.  It just doesn't get any better than this.


Or this.


Sorry for the lack of posts.  I'm back, I think.  ;)  And I'm looking forward to 2014! 

No comments:

Post a Comment