Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

What a wonderful Easter.  It was a whirlwind weekend but so precious!  We went to Louisiana to visit Paw-Paw and Jean, headed to the country for a picture-perfect family reunion and crawfish boil, and then rushed home so Adam and I could get back to work on Monday.  I wish Paw-Paw had the internet so he could read this, but it was so wonderful to see him.  

In the midst of all things crazy, house and work and other house and school and work, it was difficult for both of us to give up this weekend to go see family.  And the minute I laid eyes on Paw-Paw, I knew we had -- beyond a shadow of doubt -- done the right thing.  

So my Easter was a precious reminder of the value of family and the importance of priority, the importance of love, and the importance of people.  How much more valuable was this weekend with my grandfather than it would have been at home, crossing off my to do list?  Such simple truth, and yet, so powerful on this beautiful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment