Tuesday, August 16, 2011

six months!


It sounds so cliche, but where has the time gone?
Little man, today you are six months old.
It feels like just yesterday you were born.  And yet, I cannot imagine life without you.

You are about 14 pounds, have a head full of sandy blonde hair, deep hazel eyes, a smile that lights up the entire house, laughter that melts my very heart, and determination beyond words.

You know what you want and you will scream until you get it.
You eat like a little bird, holding your mouth open wide until we put some food into it.
You love to be outside.  You love the pool.  You love Daisy.  You love your daddy.
You love to go to the grocery story in your Baby Bjorn.

You go to sleep around 7:30 every night and sleep until 6:30 in the morning.
Then, I nurse you for a few minutes and you go back to sleep until 8 or 8:30.
Naps?  Well, that's another story altogether.  :)
You still swaddle to sleep.  

You move constantly.  You talk constantly.  I wonder if this is a predictor of life to come.

You love bathtime and you love books.
Daddy recently started reading to you in the bathtub and you love it.  It is the highlight of our evening.
You splash like a crazy man and it makes me laugh so hard!  There is water everywhere!

You are not mobile, exactly, but you scoot all over your play mat and your blanket on the floor.

You are in therapy two or three days a week, which you loathe, and we are waiting for a very special set of splints to be made for your leg.

You are full of personality, expression, wit.
I think you are funny.
I think you are amazing.
I think you are special.




1 comment:

  1. So so sweet. I have tears in my eyes. He is so beautiful. I can't wait to hold him again!

    ReplyDelete