Sunday, September 11, 2011

week in review

So I totally stole this idea from another blog that I read ... thought it was a great way to capture the everyday.  So often, I don't take pictures or blog about something because things aren't perfect.  Maybe Luke had spit up on his onesie, or my hair hadn't been washed, the house was a mess, or I didn't have the "good camera" ready to go.  But I want to remember the messy moments too.  The everyday.  So I'm going to let go of my perfectionism and post some iPhone pics every now and then.

So we can remember these days. 

This past week, the high temps were in the 90s and we had much cooler mornings.  What a relief! Luke and I spent several afternoons out in the backyard, watering the plants and enjoying the breeze.



Little man has officially learned to feed himself Puffs.  Took a few days, but finally, finally, the fist made it to the mouth and successfully released the tiny little crumb of banana-flavored air bubbles ...



He has a new splint for his left foot, so he can safely play in his exersaucer with both feet touching the bottom.



Daisy.  Long runs with mom.  Floor time with dad.  Homemade chocolate syrup.  Delicious. 



Adam and I got a date night.  Dinner.  Movie.  Marble Slab.  Yahtzee.  Wonderful.



I didn't take pictures, but little man had two doctor's appointments this week.  He had his six-month check up at mommy's office and it went well.  He weighs 14 lbs 6 oz and he's 26 1/4 inches long.  This puts him around the 40th percentile for length and just over the 2nd percentile for weight.  In the words of Dr. Robinson, he's not the chubbiest kid on the block.

And we saw his orthopod, too.  Good news!  The x-rays show about 7 degrees of straightening of his left tibia.  Progress.  Slow, steady progress.  Please continue to pray for complete healing.  The next six months are pretty important, as we'd like that bone to get as straight as possible before he wants to start walking. 

1 comment:

  1. Love this blog! So happy to hear the good news on Luke's tibia and we continue to pray for healing! Love yall, Sara

    ReplyDelete