Wednesday, April 11, 2012

ironman training

Have I mentioned that Adam is training for Ironman Texas 2012?

Well, he is.  This has been a really big deal over the last 8-10 months, and now, with the race just over five weeks away, training is in full swing. 

A typical week right now includes twelve or more hours of swimming, biking, and running, and all the resting, eating, and hydrating that comes with that level of cardiovascular training.

Just this morning, for example, Adam ran 14 miles.  Ya know, before he went to work!

Luke and I went to the end of the street to watch for him and we got there just in time to see him finish his long run!  He was actually smiling! 


I am so proud of my husband.  This level of training takes commitment, tons of discipline, lots of research, and sacrifice.  He has worked so hard for months and months and he's going to do so well on race day.

Ironman training can be really tough on families because workouts take up so much time.  But Adam has been very intentional about getting his hours in while we are still sleeping, or napping, or during his work day day so that he very rarely misses a family dinner and he can still take care of Luke on the evenings that I work.  I'm so thankful for all the time we've still had as a family.

I can't wait until May 19!  I love you babe!

1 comment: