Monday, September 2, 2013

annie elise: four months

If I thought time went by fast with the first child, I knew nothing.  I genuinely cannot believe I am typing a four month post for miss annie.

Annie girl!  What a joy you are!


You give me this great big grin every time I look at you!
You are sugar and spice, little miss.
Happy happy happy until you get hungry or tired or put in your car seat.
And then -- whoo!  Little temper!  It makes me laugh to think of you so young and so opinionated.

Nighttime sleep is still a little unpredictable.  Some weeks are great and some not so great.  For the last week or so you've slept from about 8 pm to 5 am, nurse for a bit, then go back down until around 8.  But sometimes you wake up in the 3 o'clock hour so it's just not very consistent.

You take 3-4 naps a day, depending on length.  And just like your brother at this age, you sleep for 30 minutes and then wake.  I try to enforce one long nap, even if I have to rock you back to sleep a few times.

You swaddle to sleep but we keep your hands out of the blanket.  You find a fist or a few fingers and put them in your mouth to soothe yourself to sleep.

You still breast feed every 2-3 hours during the day and we give you a bottle in the evening when you seem to be a little hungrier than mommy can keep up with.

You are just under 12 pounds and are just starting to wear your 3-6 month clothes.  But with your chubby cheeks and thick little legs, you don't look too small!

You love your play mat, your bouncy seat, and being held around the house.
You love your bath and your brother!  You will turn your head to follow him across the room.
You hate your car seat and loud noises scare you.

You are not rolling over or even giving me any signs  that you will soon.
You seem to be very content laying on your back or your belly and have "no need" to turn!

You fit our family like a glove and I can hardly remember what it was like without you here.
I love you more than I could ever write with words and I truly enjoy watching you grow.



No comments:

Post a Comment