Wednesday, May 20, 2009

pediatric nurse practitioner program :)

Well, it's official. I've been accepted! I start the PNP program at UT Health & Science Center in August! I had a meeting with the director on Monday and I got to ask a ton of questions. We also decided which courses I'd be taking each semester. Dr. Busen is wonderful, and I'm really looking forward to getting started! I told Adam that even though I had a feeling I would get in, finding out for sure was even more exciting for me than when I found out I got accepted to nursing school. It's like the last leg of this long journey is really going to begin. I'm doing it!

I remember when Adam and I were engaged, and it was my senior year at A&M. I had decided that I wanted to be a nurse practitioner. It's going to take so long! It's so much work! How will I finish school and start a family? Will I really make it? It's been four years and I've gone through prereqs, the BACC2 program, a year of work and grad school classes, and now I will begin the last little bit of this journey! If things go as planned, I will graduate with an MSN as a pediatric nurse practitioner in May of 2011, at the age of 27. I really, really love what I do. And I really feel like God has called me to this field very intentionally. So... after taking the summer to lay by my pool :) and do some shopping for the house, and work some overtime, I will start the fall with my nose in a book. I want to be the best nurse practitioner this world has ever seen!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl that's awesome! God will do great things through you in this! I'm sure I'll see you around! --Lauren

    ReplyDelete