Monday, June 1, 2009

the most wonderful weekend

Let me just start out by saying that when we were building the house, and I was finishing the semester, and Adam's work was crazy busy, we spent very little time together.  And if you know us, you know that we l-o-v-e to spend time together.  We kept saying, "when we get into the house, things are going to change."  And, "just wait 'til this summer, we'll get back to being us again." 

Well, things have been better since we moved in.  Dinners at home, a date night or two, gettin' back in the groove.  But nothing compares to this wonderful weekend, where we really jump-started the romance!  Our whole weekend was one big date!

I worked on Friday with Michelle, one of my dear dear work friends.  (I hate that saying, because she's my friend outside of work too but work is where we became friends.) So after we got off we met our husbands at a sports bar near the Galleria and had a wonderful dinner.  We got home really late but Adam surprised me by having the house all clean and the hot tub working!  So stayed up half the night eating ice cream in the hot tub and it was wonderful!!

We got up on Saturday morning and drove to San Marcus for the day.  Can I just say that I married a man who will drive me three hours to shop for eight hours only to drive me three hours home?  Yea.  We had a blast.  We went to the outlet mall on a search for a few things for the house.  We had no luck at Pottery Barn or Restoration Hardware outlets so we ended up doing some clothes shopping. Very successful.  But the best part was being in the car together, walking around together, eating lunch together.  I don't think we ever left each other's side.  Except when Adam was taking forever at the Oakley store and I walked across to Crate & Barrell.  It was so great.

Well, we left the outlet mall and couldn't decide on a dinner spot.  So we drove to Austin!  Just to eat dinner!  We used Urban Spoon (if you don't know what that is, you need to get an iPhone) which directed us to a little hoity toity Mexican restaurant called Manuel's in downtown Austin, right off of Congress.  It was delicious!  We had the nicest dinner. 

We even hit a TCBY on the way out of town for some sorbet with gummy bears, our favorite! and drove home late that night.  We had to go pick up our puppy, who was at my mom's for the evening.  Thank you, mom! And Thank you, James! for taking care of her while we were gone!

Then ... as if we hadn't had enough of each other ... we woke up Sunday morning and went for a nice little family walk.  We explored some of the walking trails around here, and even got off the beaten path for a little bit to walk through the woods.  We came home, put on our suits, and layed out by our gorgeous pool.  It was better than any vacation I've ever taken! Except maybe our honeymoon.  Adam grilled burgers and we ate our lunch with our feet in the pool.  Fantastic.

In the afternoon, my friend Kelly came over with her three munchkins and we played in the pool for several hours.  We entertained the boys and everyone had a blast until the middle munchkin had a major allergic reaction to Daisy and we had to do Benadryl and a bath -- but even that wasn't too bad.  

We ended our wonderful weekend by running and riding, I ran, he rode, and a short visit with some more friends, and a Kroger sushi dinner.  Man!  We were exhausted!

I am so thankful for this weekend.  I kept saying - I feel so spoiled!  And I am!

Thank you baby, for an amazing few days.  I love you so so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment