Wednesday, March 13, 2013

two years old

Oh my Luke.

You are two years old and I can honestly say I've never enjoyed you more than I do now.
You have grown into the sweetest, most pleasant little thing and I am loving this age.



You walk, run, climb, jump, skip, and absolutely love to dance.
You are relatively calm and quiet.  You are still a great eater.
Your favorites are chicken nuggets, mac 'n cheese, blueberry muffins, and fruit of any variety.
And.  You can polish off an entire can of green beans on your own.  Ha!

You still sit in your high chair at home but when we go out you insist on sitting in a big boy chair to eat.

You sleep in a crib.  You love your crib and will even ask to go night-night.
You still take a paci and blanket to fall asleep, and you still rub your hair until you're out.
You go to bed around 8, sleep until 7 or 8, and take a 2-3 hour nap every afternoon.  Glorious.

You love school and your teachers tell me all the time how great you are.
You are a rule follower.  In the box.  Perfectionist.
And you get frustrated when things aren't just so.
You are so much like me.

You play very well independently and you are really starting to pretend.
You love to push your buggy, play with trucks, do puzzles, read books, and "drive" our cars.
You love to be outside and you help daddy with chores around the yard almost every afternoon.

Your daddy is still your favorite person in the world, with your Honey a close second.

Your speech is improving slowly.  You communicate well, even with limited words.
You are in speech therapy twice a week and we think this is helping.

I could go on and on and on and on about how wonderful you are.
Smart.  Funny.  Affectionate.  Snuggly.  Introverted.  Amazing.
I love you so much and I can't wait to see what the next few months will bring.

Love, mom


No comments:

Post a Comment