Thursday, May 16, 2013

big brother


I think one of the things that has surprised me the most in the last two weeks is how well this little man has adjusted to life with a little sister.

One of the things I worried about the most when I was pregnant was him.
How would he handle the change?  Would he be jealous?  Would he be defiant?
Would he feel neglected?  Would he regress?  Would he reject me?

My precious, precious son has done better than I could have ever dreamed. 
It's as if he was meant to be - supposed to be - as if he longed to be - her brother.
He loves his Annie.  
He has accepted her into our family completely and wholly and it's a beautiful thing.

He asks for her when he gets up in the morning.  He kisses her goodnight before bed.
He shares his toys and his juice and loves to pat her.
When she cries, he tells me to give her milk.  And when she yawns, he says, night night!

And otherwise, he's completely gone about his business.
Doesn't even seem to think things are too different around here.
OH how I love him!  

No comments:

Post a Comment