Sunday, May 12, 2013

mother's day 2013

Over the last ten days I've experienced a myriad of emotions.
Postpartum hormones, lack of sleep, and breast feeding tend to do that to me.

But mostly, I feel thankful.  Truly, truly thankful.
Thank you, Lord, for my kids.

I have never known a love like this. 
Luke and Annie have taken my heart to a place where love abounds and nothing else matters. 
I cannot imagine two greater gifts in all the world.
They are amazing and wonderful.  They are joy and humility.  They are hope and light.

Thank you, sweet babies, for making me a mom.  There is nothing else I'd rather be.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We celebrated Mother's Day by going to church (Annie's first Sunday! She slept the entire time!), resting at home, and then having my own mom and Cramer over for dinner and splashing in the pool.  It could not have been a more perfect day.

All dressed up for church.

Just keeping it real, folks.  :)

The longer that I am a mom, the more I appreciate my own.  Funny how that works.  I have the best mom in the entire world, and I am so thankful that she models patience and selflessness and humility and love for me, so that I can model the same for my little ones.


Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment