Sunday, May 5, 2013

meet Annie Elise!

Our precious, precious gift was born in the wee hours on Thursday, May 2 after a crazy fast labor and delivery.

Meet Annie Elise Martin.
She weighed 6 pounds 5 ounces, and was 19 inches long with dark brown hair and the sweetest face you've ever seen.


Big brother thinks she is pretty great, and he has been so sweet.  He wants to hold her all the time, he loves to put on her socks and her hat, and he's already tried to share his firetruck.


We came home Friday - the most beautiful, cool day that a Texas May has ever known - and we are getting settled in and adjusted to life as a family of four.  On our first afternoon at home, I went outside for a while to enjoy the weather and watch Luke play.  He crawled up in my lap and the three of us sat in a lawn chair for 20 minutes just talking and cuddling.


Oh how I wished I could just freeze time.  Hold onto that very moment forever.
It was the sweetest.


I still can't believe that she's here and that we have a daughter.  She is just beautiful and I am overwhelmed with joy and thankfulness and and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment