Sunday, May 13, 2012

happy mother's day!

I'm not sure what it is about mother's day, but I've had two now and still no good pictures of me and the one who makes me a mother.  :)

I've dreamed of that perfect shot -- we're dressed to coordinate and I have on lipstick and he's looking straight into my eyes with a big huge smile and his hands are on my cheeks and the wind is blowing our hair and the sun is shining through the trees in the background.  I will blog it and frame it and remember it always as my very special second mother's day. 

Bahahahaha.  That dream was before I had a toddler!  A toddler with a mind of his own! 
This year, this was about as good as we could do. 
An iPhone pic on the way in to church. 
Luke just wanted to get down!



Despite the lack of photographs to prove it, I had a wonderful mother's day weekend.  On Saturday, my husband gave me a day to myself, which was amazing.  I was pampered with a massage, a haircut, lunch with my boys, a pedicure, some shopping, and dinner out with Honey and Cramer!  It was really wonderful.

Sunday was spent doing things that make me a mom.  And believe it or not, that day was just as special.  We built forts and played cars.  Took a family trip to the grocery store and had dinner with the in-laws. 

Speaking of in-laws.  I can't believe I'm going to share this but it makes me laugh out loud every time I think about it.  It seems as though my MIL overestimated the size of my derriere and gave me these as a mother's day gift!


Happy mother's day! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm dying over those panties. Matt once did this and the undies were so big they could have been hung on a flagpole to represent our great state.

    ReplyDelete