Friday, May 18, 2012

singin' in the rain

Luke and I go for a run almost every morning.  Running keeps me sane healthy, so we've made it a habit.  It has become such a habit, in fact, that we headed out for our jog the other morning without giving much thought to the weather.

About a mile from home, the skies opened up and it began to pour!

I turned that stroller around and ran home as fast as I could.  But by the time we got back, we were both soaking wet.  I put the stroller in the garage and took Luke out of it.  As I gathered our things, little man walked straight back out into the rain and before I could catch him, he was playing in the puddles.


He splashed, and laughed, and put his face in the water, and splashed some more.  He sang and made car noises and played peek-a-boo from behind the garbage can.


He was having so much fun.  And why not!?  Playing in the rain is quite entertaining.


I just had to sit there and laugh.  I had turned around to come home as fast as my legs would run.  To keep him from getting ... wet?


And the little stinker wanted nothing more than to stay outside and play in the rain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment